Getting Back To The Basics

A place to show the changes in our yard, our garden, our home, and our life.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

SBTCPS Annual

So every year the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of Puget Sound (SBTCPS) puts out an annual and I decided to buy a full page color ad to put up cute pics of my babies. I get to brag a little and it helps support the club.

Seriously guys it is now 1pm and I have been working on this since 8am. I use a mac and I couldnt figure out what program to use to make this thing. I found this program (ipages) and it works great! Except for a few things - I can't figure out how to get it to the person in charge of the annual! The file is too large to send it in gmail and that's even assuming they have a program that can read an ipages document. So I saved it as a doc and sent it praying that it is readable.

As a back up I've been trying to upload it as a google doc and that failed miserably. I tried loading it onto iworks website and the pictures didnt come through correctly (one picture was completely wrong, another was super pixelated). w t f.

I also found it tricky to get a screen shot. I had to make it ignore the "typos" and then was super quick to snap the picture so the different editing tools didn't show up in the below picture. Yes I tried to hide them. it didnt work.

So after hours of work and 6 screen shots, here it is.

Pardon me while I go get a stiff drink now and get ready for the christmas party I'm supposed to be hosting in a few hours.

No comments: