Getting Back To The Basics

A place to show the changes in our yard, our garden, our home, and our life.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lentil Soup with Chard

I got some pretty rainbow chard in my veggie box. I've never cooked with chard before. I may have eaten it in the past but I really don't know. I found a yummy recipe that works well on cold, crummy days like today.
Rainbow Chard all chopped up and ready to roll. So pretty.
 The stems chopped up.
 The finished product!

Pretty tasty!
Note to future self: Chop the leafs up smaller.
I'm going to freeze the leftovers for a rainy day.
The Recipe!

After dinner we cracked open some canned peaches I preserved late last summer, topped with a splash of cream. Made me think of gramma. She'd be pretty proud of those peach preserves in my pantry.

No comments: