Getting Back To The Basics

A place to show the changes in our yard, our garden, our home, and our life.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

More Yard Work - Plus Violet!

Well I have been busy this weekend. Between the Seattle Dog Show and the garden I am tired!

Yesterday was the Seattle dog show. I went there with Violet to work at the 'meet the breed' booth. Obviously there were lots of dogs around but Violet did great. She didn't care at all if a dog walked by - she only got concerned if a dog started to approach her bubble but that was easily avoided. For three hours this little girl schmoozed the public with grunts, kisses, and body leans. She educated the public not only on Staffordshire Bull Terriers, but she also helped educate the public on BSL and how it doesn't only affect "pit bulls" - it was a very good day for the princess.

Then once that hurdle was crossed it was onward to the garden. I planted two trees and a bush in the back yard.

Dolgo Crabapple Tree

Seneca Plum

Hinnomaki Red Gooseberry

Then it was on to the front yard for a little make over. I weeded and Rob helped me pull out the decorative white rock.
Before

After

I made these stepping stones probably 10-12 years ago. I had given them to my gramma and took them home with my after she passed away.

Goji Berry plant and a dwarf lilac

Autumn Britten Raspberry - everbearing variety

Jonkheer Van Tets Red Currant

2 comments:

Emma www.blondieochbaileys.blogspot.com said...

Hi and many thanks for the nice comment in my blog! I hope you dont mind that I pushed for your wonderful staffy-film at youtube, in my blog? I think the movie of Violet and Sadie was just too wonderful to not highligh it to my readers :-) BR, Emma

Nichole said...

I don't mind at all! I found your commentary to be very sweet :)