Getting Back To The Basics

A place to show the changes in our yard, our garden, our home, and our life.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Muddy Summer Day

I did some gardening and turned on the hose to fill up my watering can. Emptied it out on my newly planted friends, turned around, and saw this:


That's right Violet bury your face in that mud. It is good for your skin.

Violet was bobbing for tulip bulbs - she buried her face deep in muddy water and brought them up to land one by one, proud as punch at her find. If memory serves right, Violet enjoyed helping me bury them the first time around. And by help I mean she would put them up out of the hole as I placed them in and ran around the yard with them in her mouth.



While Violet was bobbing for tulip bulbs, Sadie was digging her way to China. I'd like to think she was helping me by finding a spot to plant a tree or two, but who the heck am I kidding.



Violet did not enjoy the bath that followed

No comments: